York Symphony’s JOHN WILLIAMS FOREVER! Verdi’s Defiant Requiem
Theatre seating and digital access for 48 hours following the concert (Sunday at noon-Tuesday at noon).
Subscriptions and Pick 5 packages are on-sale now, including seats and digital access.
Single tickets go on sale August 1.
LAWRENCE GOLAN, CONDUCTOR
YORK SYMPHONY CHORUS
REBECCA KRYNSKI COX, SOPRANO
GRETCHEN KRUPP, MEZZO-SOPRANO
SPENCER HAMLIN, TENOR
MICHAEL COLMAN, BASS
MURRAY SIDLIN, NARRATOR
John Williams: Saving Private Ryan, Hymn to the Fallen
Giuseppe Verdi: Messa da Requiem [Requiem Mass]
Giuseppe Verdi explores the harrowing voyage toward judgement day in the Messa da Requiem. The mix of the solemn and then overjoyed chorus blends with the striking symphony leaving an overpowering emotional impression. John Williams’ “Hymn to the Fallen” from Saving Private Ryan emphasizes a resounding sense of courage and strength alongside underscored tones of hopefulness.
Arrive early for a pre-concert talk led by Assistant Conductor Rebekah O’Brien, free to all ticketholders!
YSO 2024-25 Classical series subscribers can also purchase Pops concerts at this time:
Digital access instructions:
1) Purchase a digital ticket online through your Appell Center account.
2) You will receive an email confirmation the day after the concert with a digital link.
3) Click on the link to enjoy the YSO from your home during the 48-hour digital access after the concert. (Sunday at noon-Tuesday at noon)
How to access the digital concert on a smart tv:
1) Before the concert: Click the link from your confirmation email on a computer, tablet or smart phone and add this video to your YouTube account’s “watch later” list.
2) To watch the concert: Go to the YouTube app on your smart tv. Then go to your “watch later” list and choose the livestream concert. Sit back and enjoy the concert!