The Appell Center for the Performing Arts respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you use or register with our website.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect through website, through email, text messaging, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with our website.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Appell Center web applications.
- You provide to any third party or which is collected by any third party.
These third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 13
The website is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by calling our Box Office at 717-846-1111.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our website:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the website.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this website, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, credit or debit card number or any other information that the website collects that is defined as “personally identifiable information” under applicable law.).
- This may include information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your IP address, Internet service provider, and location. For example:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the website, including information provided at the time of registering to use the website, subscribing to any services, posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the website.
- Any search queries on the website.
You may provide information to be published or displayed ("Posted") on public areas of the website. Such user contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your user contributions won’t be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you access the website it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the website, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the website.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- Location Information. This website collects real-time information about the location of your device, by tracking your zip code, IP address, and physical location based on the location services on your mobile device (if that function is enabled).
If you do not want us to collect this information do not access the website.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across thirdparty websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the website (and our emails) may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Appell Center, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third- Party Information Collection
When you use the website or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Web programming companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use our website. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the website and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Provide you with updates on upcoming performances, promotional offers and other relevant information.
- Troubleshoot issues for which you contact us.
- Provide and improve customer experience as part of our continuous improvement enhancements
- Run reports on data collected.
- Understand usage history and perform data analysis.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the website.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
We use location information we collect to:
- Improve customer experience.
- Perform data analysis.
- Track usage history and run forecasting models.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may use and disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries, outsourced subdivisions and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Appell Center’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Appell Center about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Appell Center, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the website to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through the device's privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the website may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address or other contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you may opt-out by unsubscribing or calling our Box Office at 717-846-1111. We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
(updated August 2018)