York Symphony’s JOHN WILLIAMS FOREVER! Psycho: String Chamber
Theatre seating and digital access for 48 hours following the concert (Sunday at noon-Tuesday at noon).
Subscriptions and Pick 5 packages are on-sale now, including seats and digital access.
Single tickets go on sale August 1.
LAWRENCE GOLAN, CONDUCTOR
SARA MALE, CELLO
Bernard Herrmann: Psycho, A Narrative for String Orchestra
John Williams: Essay for Strings
Jessie Montgomery: Shift, Change, Turn
Franz Joseph Haydn: Cello Concerto No. 2 in D Major
Strings receive acclaim during this chamber concert. In time for spooky season, Bernard Herrmann’s Psycho String Orchestra chills listeners with screeching violins. Versatile composer John Williams’s Essay for Strings illustrates a mysterious symphonic texture. Jessie Montgomery’s Shift, Change, Turn was inspired by the changing of the seasons in life and nature. Showing off the expertise of Principal Cellist Sara Male, Franz Joseph Haydn’s Cello Concerto No. 2 in D Major travels through a gentle, songlike movements to somber deviation.
Arrive early for a pre-concert talk led by Assistant Conductor Rebekah O’Brien, free to all ticketholders!
YSO 2024-25 Classical series subscribers can also purchase Pops concerts at this time:
Digital access instructions:
1) Purchase a digital ticket online through your Appell Center account.
2) You will receive an email confirmation the day after the concert with a digital link.
3) Click on the link to enjoy the YSO from your home during the 48-hour digital access after the concert. (Sunday at noon-Tuesday at noon)
How to access the digital concert on a smart tv:
1) Before the concert: Click the link from your confirmation email on a computer, tablet or smart phone and add this video to your YouTube account’s “watch later” list.
2) To watch the concert: Go to the YouTube app on your smart tv. Then go to your “watch later” list and choose the livestream concert. Sit back and enjoy the concert!