YORK SYMPHONY’S LISZT & RACHMANINOFF
Offering in-person seating and digital access for 48-hour access after premiere.
Pick 5 packages and single tickets are on sale now! Subscribe online or call the Appell Center box office at 717-846-1111. Pick 5 includes seats and digital access.
LAWRENCE GOLAN, CONDUCTOR
From Canvas to Concert
Camille Saint-Saëns: Danse macabre
William Popp: The Galleries (World Premiere)
Sergei Rachmaninoff: The Isle of the Dead
Franz Liszt: Hunnenschlacht (Battle of the Huns)
This Liszt and Rachmaninoff concert commemorates composers who created symphonic poems from thought provoking paintings. Inspired by Böcklin’s painting of a small boat on the unwelcoming sea near an island, Sergei Rachmaninoff’s The Isle of the Dead portrays the menacing waves concluding with a jubilation of reaching the island. Franz Liszt’s victorious Hunnenschlacht was devised from Battle of the Huns painting. Camille Saint-Saëns’s Danse macabre portrays the skeletons dancing on their graves with unique usage of the xylophone for clattering bones. Finally, the YSO is a proud to perform the world premiere of William Popps’ The Galleries.
Arrive early for a pre-concert talk led by Assistant Conductor Rebekah O’Brien, free to all ticketholders!
Digital access instructions:
1) Purchase a digital ticket online through your Appell Center account.
2) You will receive an email confirmation with a link to access the livestream.
3) Click on the link to enjoy the YSO from your home during the 48-hour concert access.
How to access the digital concert on a smart tv:
1) Before the concert: Click the link from your confirmation email on a computer, tablet or smart phone and add this video to your youtube account’s “watch later” list.
2) To watch the concert: Go to the YouTube app on your smart tv. Then go to your “watch later” list and choose the livestream concert. Sit back and enjoy the concert!