York Symphony’s JOHN WILLIAMS FOREVER! Mahler’s First Symphony
Theatre seating and digital access for 48 hours following the concert (Sunday at noon-Tuesday at noon).
Subscriptions and Pick 5 packages are on-sale now, including seats and digital access.
Single tickets go on sale August 1.
LAWRENCE GOLAN, CONDUCTOR
John Williams: Theme from Jurassic Park
Valerie Coleman: Umoja – Anthem of Unity
Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 1 in D Major
Following along a symphonic poem of a young nobleman, Gustav Mahler’s Symphony No. 1 starts with the soft sounds of nature and ending with ominous funeral march. John Williams’ iconic Jurassic Park theme accentuates the brilliant melody to befit the momentous dinosaur giants. Centering around long-established call and response, Valerie Coleman’s wrote Umoja to commemorate unity for the world.
Arrive early for a pre-concert talk led by Assistant Conductor Rebekah O’Brien, free to all ticketholders!
YSO 2024-25 Classical series subscribers can also purchase Pops concerts at this time:
Digital access instructions:
1) Purchase a digital ticket online through your Appell Center account.
2) You will receive an email confirmation the day after the concert with a digital link.
3) Click on the link to enjoy the YSO from your home during the 48-hour digital access after the concert. (Sunday at noon-Tuesday at noon)
How to access the digital concert on a smart tv:
1) Before the concert: Click the link from your confirmation email on a computer, tablet or smart phone and add this video to your YouTube account’s “watch later” list.
2) To watch the concert: Go to the YouTube app on your smart tv. Then go to your “watch later” list and choose the livestream concert. Sit back and enjoy the concert!