Offering in-person seating and digital access for 48-hour access after premiere.
Subscriptions and Pick 5 packages on-sale now! Subscribe online or call the Appell Center box office at 717-846-1111. Subscriptions & Pick 5 includes seats and digital access. Single tickets on sale August 1.
The York Symphony Orchestra takes you on a melodic voyage with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s beloved A Little Night Music (Eine kleine Nachtmusik). Antonin Dvořák’s Serenade for Strings merges rhythmic Czech folk music with joyous melodies and countermelodies. To commemorate the indigenous nation, Jerod Impichchaachaaha’ Tate’sChokfi personifies the rabbit trickster of Southeast American Indian folklore. Named after the African harp that’s showcased, William Grant Still’s Ennanga is imbued in his African heritage with charged notes and spirited harmonies. Bao Yuankai based Going to the West Gate on a Chinese folk song about the separation of two lovers, which is conveyed by melancholic contrasting rhythmic patterns.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Eine kleine Nachtmusik (A Little Night Music)
Jerod Impichchaachaaha’ Tate: Chokfi´
William Grant Still: Ennanga for Harp, Piano and Strings
Bao Yuankai: Going to the West Gate
Antonin Dvořák: Serenade for Strings
Digital access instructions:
1) Purchase a digital ticket online through your Appell Center account.
2) You will receive an email confirmation with a link to access the livestream.
3) Click on the link to enjoy the YSO from your home during the 48-hour concert access.
How to access the digital concert on a smart tv:
1) Before the concert: Click the link from your confirmation email on a computer, tablet or smart phone and add this video to your youtube account’s “watch later” list.
2) To watch the concert: Go to the YouTube app on your smart tv. Then go to your “watch later” list and choose the livestream concert. Sit back and enjoy the concert!