Offering in-person seating and digital access for 48-hour access after premiere.
Subscriptions and Pick 5 packages on-sale now! Subscribe online or call the Appell Center box office at 717-846-1111. Subscriptions & Pick 5 includes seats and digital access. Single tickets on sale August 1.
This concert highlights composers from Gustav Mahler to Christopher Theofanidis that were inspired by the dreamland of heaven. Influenced by German folk poetry and his childhood, Mahler’s famous Fourth Symphony tells a tale of purely innocent joy and heavenly enchantment. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart wrote the aria, Vorrei spiegarvi, oh Dio, to complement his sister-in-law’s vocals – opening softly with a melody and then culminating in a challenging finish. Moved by Hildegard von Bingen, Christopher Theofanidis developed Rainbow Body by weaving section from von Bingen’s Ave Maria for grace among restless, stirring sections.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Vorrei spiegarvi, oh Dio! (Let me explain, oh God!)
Hildegard von Bingen: ‘Rainbow Body Theme’ from Ave Maria, O auctrix vite
Christopher Theofanidis: Rainbow Body
Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 4 soprano solo
Digital access instructions:
1) Purchase a digital ticket online through your Appell Center account.
2) You will receive an email confirmation with a link to access the livestream.
3) Click on the link to enjoy the YSO from your home during the 48-hour concert access.
How to access the digital concert on a smart tv:
1) Before the concert: Click the link from your confirmation email on a computer, tablet or smart phone and add this video to your youtube account’s “watch later” list.
2) To watch the concert: Go to the YouTube app on your smart tv. Then go to your “watch later” list and choose the livestream concert. Sit back and enjoy the concert!