Offering in-person seating and digital access for 48-hour access after premiere.
Subscriptions and Pick 5 packages on-sale now! Subscribe online or call the Appell Center box office at 717-846-1111. Subscriptions & Pick 5 includes seats and digital access. Single tickets on sale August 1.
This Liszt and Rachmaninoff concert commemorates composers who created symphonic poems from thought provoking paintings. Inspired by Böcklin’s painting of a small boat on the unwelcoming sea near an island, Sergei Rachmaninoff’s The Isle of the Dead portrays the menacing waves concluding with a jubilation of reaching the island. Franz Liszt’s victorious Hunnenschlacht was devised from Battle of the Huns painting. Camille Saint-Saëns’s Danse macabre portrays the skeletons dancing on their graves with unique usage of the xylophone for clattering bones. Finally, the YSO is a proud to perform the world premiere of William Popps’ The Galleries.
Camille Saint-Saëns: Danse macabre
William Popp: The Galleries (World Premiere)
Sergei Rachmaninoff: The Isle of the Dead
Franz Liszt: Hunnenschlacht (Battle of the Huns)
Digital access instructions:
1) Purchase a digital ticket online through your Appell Center account.
2) You will receive an email confirmation with a link to access the livestream.
3) Click on the link to enjoy the YSO from your home during the 48-hour concert access.
How to access the digital concert on a smart tv:
1) Before the concert: Click the link from your confirmation email on a computer, tablet or smart phone and add this video to your youtube account’s “watch later” list.
2) To watch the concert: Go to the YouTube app on your smart tv. Then go to your “watch later” list and choose the livestream concert. Sit back and enjoy the concert!