This Programming Associate plays a central role in bringing live performances, films and rental events to the Appell Center. The position supports the entire event life cycle, managing information and communication with Talent Buyers, Bookers, internal departments and external partners, ensuring timely receipt of contracts and managing event settlements. Additionally, the position supports the facility rental process for theater and performance rentals. This position is expected to work events and attend Appell Center and other performances which will require frequent night and weekend hours.
• Work with external talent buyers on artist offers and manage ongoing communications through the negotiation process
• Ensure contracts are sent and received in a timely fashion and that all necessary payment details are collected and communicated to Finance & Accounting.
• Manage Prism system, including offers, materials, key communication points, venue calendars. Ensure that necessary information is provided to all internal departments plus Production Express in a timely manner.
• Communicate with Operations, Production Express (third-party production provider) and all departments through show advance and execution; dialogue with company managers and agents as necessary
• Prepare and execute all show settlements with artists and/or artist management
• Help identify titles for the CapFilm series and ensure timely booking via film booker. Complete settlements and ensure timely reporting/payment to distributors.
• Manage all booking and payment details for CapComedy, Jazz in the City and other programming initiatives.
• Serve as initial contact point for theater rental clients - stage performances, concerts and ticketed events (with Operations Department)
• Gather necessary rental information, coordinate estimates
• Secure rental contracts and payments
• Ensure all necessary information is shared with staff and Production Express
• Prepare rental settlements
• Maintain all reporting, attendance information
• Develop rental budgets, maintain all actuals and projections throughout the fiscal year
Critical Success Factors
The critical success factors listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
• Communication & Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to learn and understand corporate structure, department roles and then anticipate and provide necessary information
• Fiscal Management
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills and ability to learn new systems quickly and confidently|
• Ability and willingness to work frequent nights and weekends, in addition to traditional business hours
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree plus at least 1-3 years in progressively responsible and relevant experience required.
Experience in Booking and Programming, Event Planning, Contracts is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and will occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
The activity level varies daily depending on a wide variety of circumstance many of which are out of the control of the employer or employee.
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Selected candidate will be required to complete a background check prior to hire.